These appetizers are so pretty to look at and they taste even better than expected.
I mean look at those colors!
1 1/2 lbs large raw cleaned shrimp
2 tbsp Sriracha
2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
1 tbsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 to 2 tbsp avocado oil
1 large avocado, diced
2 limes, juiced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp chipotle powder or to taste
1 tbsp garlic power
1 tbsp paprika
1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together chipotle powder, garlic powder, paprika, and EVOO in small bowl.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into discs and arrange on sheet pan. Put spice/oil mixture all over potatoes and throw in the oven when it’s ready. Bake for 25 mins, flipping half way through.
3. Mix the chopped avocado, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper together. Let marinate in the fridge while you make the shrimp.
4. Wisk the sriracha, adobo, garlic powder, and lemon juice in a bowl big enough for the shrimp. Add the shrimp and mix well.
5. In a medium sized sauté pan set to med high heat, add avocado oil and when it’s hot and almost going to smoke, start adding shrimp being careful not to crowd the pan.
6. Sauté shrimp for about a min or 2 on one side and flip them over and sauté another min. Just until firm and pink.
7. Assemble a slice of sweet potato with about a tablespoon of guac and top with shrimp. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro. Nom! 👌🏼