1 bag organic tater tots ( I used Cascadian Farms)
1 tbsp EVOO
1 lb organic ground beef, browned
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 large Cubenalle pepper (can omit if you want. I had one so I threw it in!) , chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups organic milk ( I used 2%)
2 tbsp flour
1tbsp beef base
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup frozen peas ( or whatever veggies you want)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Brown meat,onion, and peppers together, over medium heat, in EVOO until meat is cooked through.
2. Add garlic to meat mixture and sauté for a minute. Add the flour over the mixture and cook for another minute or two, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
3. Pour in the milk, beef base and Worcestershire and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat.
4. Put everything in an oven safe pan ( I used my cast iron pan) and then top with the cheddar cheese and finally the tater tots.
5. Bake for 20 mins or so and then check to see if tots are brown. If they are brown remove from oven and sprinkle on parsley.