2 large sweet potatoes, cut into rounds
2 tablespoons blackened seasoning ( I used Old Bay brand)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
For the Guacamole:
2 avocados, mashed
2 tablespoons Onion, chopped finely
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Toppings:
1/2 cup Coconut Creme (the “cream” off the top of a can of coconut milk)
1/2 cup marinated Hot Peppers + Garlic (can usually find at the grocery store by the pickled things), chopped
1/3 cup quick Pickled Onions
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or tin foil.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the potatoes, oil, and blackened seasoning. Place on the sheet pan, leaving room so the potatoe slices don’t touch (or else they won’t brown).
3. Put sheet pan in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Flip the Potato slices half way through the cooking time.
4. While potatoes are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the guacamole in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Once potatoes are brown and crispy after 25-30 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool for a minute or two.
6. Top each Potato slice with a tablespoon of the guacamole and either a dollop of the coconut cream or a dollop of the hot peppers and a few pickled onions. Garnish with cilantro.